With roughly 350,000 new tweets appearing on the platform every minute, constructing engagement through Twitter can really feel like an uphill wrestle.
To extend engagement on the platform, Twitter rolled out voice tweets, which let customers share snippets of audio to their profile.
Be taught extra about voice tweet choices and the way it’s remodeling the methods digital entrepreneurs can use Twitter to their greatest benefit.
What Is a Voice Tweet?
Voice Tweets let you file your voice as an audio clip and ship it in a tweet. Right here’s a rundown of the way it works.
- You possibly can file up to 140 seconds of audio.
- For those who want longer, that’s OK. Preserve speaking, and a brand new voice tweet begins recording robotically.
- Click on or faucet the “performed” button to complete recording.
- Ship your voice tweet(s) from the composer display screen, similar to you’d ship out common tweets.
- Twitter makes use of your present profile image because the placeholder picture for the audio. Customers click on on this picture to listen to the audio attachment.
Customers can then take heed to what you’ve bought to say and have interaction of their most well-liked means, whether or not it’s typing out a reply, sharing your message, or clicking via to your web site. Consider voice tweets as your alternative to face up and be sure to’re heard amongst a sea of 280-character tweets.
There’s one factor to keep in mind earlier than you begin voice tweeting, although. The image connected to a voice tweet gained’t change, even if you happen to later change your profile image.
Make sure you’re completely happy along with your picture earlier than you begin voice tweeting. This retains your messaging constant and makes it simpler for customers to search out you once more sooner or later.
Can Everybody Use Voice Tweets?
Not but, no. It’s solely obtainable via the OS app for Twitter, however if you happen to’re operating Android or desktop Twitter, don’t fear. Voice tweets are coming your way.
- You possibly can’t quote or reply to tweets utilizing voice but. It’s solely obtainable for unique tweets.
- When you have rather a lot to say, you’ll want multiple thread. Threads are restricted to 25 voice tweets.
- Want more room than 25 tweets? You could be higher off making a brief YouTube video and linking to it via a tweet.
Voice tweet transcripts aren’t obtainable but, both, however Twitter plans on rolling out this characteristic to make sure extra folks can get pleasure from voice tweets going ahead.
Can you employ voice tweets for DMs? Not proper now, although if voice tweets show standard, we will in all probability anticipate a rollout sooner or later.
15 Methods to Use Voice Tweets
Prepared to make use of voice tweets however unsure the right way to get began? Listed below are 15 methods you should utilize the Twitter voice characteristic and ideas for creating efficient voice tweets.
1. Enhance Model Character
How would you describe your enterprise in three phrases? I ask as a result of these three phrases are key to defining your model’s character.
Your model character issues. It defines how folks understand your organization, and it influences which phrases come to thoughts when somebody describes your enterprise.
Can voice tweets show you how to construct the fitting character on-line? Sure, as a result of all of it comes right down to authenticity. Eighty-six percent of customers go for firms with an trustworthy, upfront, and genuine id, and voice tweets immediately make your model really feel extra actual and honest.
Right here’s the right way to enhance your model character utilizing voice tweets.
- Appoint one or two workforce members to file voice tweets. Guarantee their tone matches your objectives. For instance, if you happen to’re a B2B firm, select an eloquent speaker.
- Overview your voice tweet engagement. Are folks sharing your tweets or responding to them? If not, contemplate reevaluating what you’re tweeting.
How would you like folks to explain your model? Use voice tweets to strengthen this message.
2. Promote Your Enterprise
For those who don’t use Twitter, you’re lacking out on a big advertising and marketing alternative.
- Twitter has over 330 million active users and counting. That’s an enormous variety of folks logging in day by day, and there’s no restrict on who you possibly can attain if you happen to goal your advertisements successfully.
- As soon as they observe a model on Twitter, round 50 percent of users full a purchase order.
- Because you don’t pay something to tweet, it’s free promoting.
Listed below are some ideas for incorporating voice tweets into your technique.
- You might want to make your level rapidly, so preserve messages quick and easy.
- Embrace sound results or slogans to strengthen your model message. There’s no have to restrict your self!
- End with a call-to-action (CTA) e.g., directing customers to your web site.
Wish to improve your Twitter profile? Take into account “pinning” a tweet to the highest of your web page. With one click on, customers can immediately uncover your model and construct a connection to your enterprise.
3. Promote Your Product
Roughly 54 percent of millennials flip to social media platforms for product analysis, so voice tweets present an ideal alternative to shout about your core merchandise.
How do you get essentially the most from promotional tweets? Properly, it’s not nearly your precise voice. It comes again to your model’s voice, too, which is why it’s so essential to construct a transparent, distinctive, and constant character.
Take MoonPie, for instance. They’re profitable on Twitter because of their distinctive quirky, witty vibe.
Their tweets catch your consideration as a result of they’re sudden. For instance, tweets like this one would translate equally properly right into a promotional voice tweet as a result of it’s humorous and understated:
Take a lesson from MoonPie. Keep away from sounding like each different promotional tweet on the platform by constructing a particular voice, and watch your product engagement develop because of this.
A ultimate tip. You can too use voice tweets to advertise underselling services by linking to them in the identical thread!
4. Reveal New Options or Merchandise
Entrepreneurs already rely on Twitter to launch their new services. Nonetheless, good entrepreneurs understand how essential it’s to face out from the noise and discover new methods to draw consideration.
Once more, voice tweets can undoubtedly show you how to out right here, as a result of they’re a possibility to showcase what’s distinctive about you and your product.
Think about using voice tweets alongside different media, like YouTube movies, to spice up the general consumer expertise. Customers are over 80 percent more likely to purchase a product after watching a video, so it’s all the time value together with video tools in your advertising and marketing technique.
Additionally, according to Hubspot, it’s greatest to tweet between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., then between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. These are “peak” hours, which suggests there’s a greater likelihood you’ll generate some user engagement than if you happen to voice tweet at, say, midnight.
5. Announce Model Giveaways
What’s to not love about free stuff? Everybody loves a superb giveaway, so think about using the ability of the voice tweet to shout out your newest contest.
When you’ve picked the prize, right here’s the right way to discuss it up on Twitter.
- Set a giveaway purpose. Are you aiming for extra followers, or are you centered on rising your subscriber record?
- Flip your purpose right into a CTA. For instance, possibly customers should retweet your giveaway tweet to enter, or they get further entries in the event that they observe you on one other social media platform, too. All of it is dependent upon your purpose.
6. Work together With Prospects
Do you know that 64 percent of customers anticipate firms to work together with them on social media? Personalize the consumer expertise and reply through voice tweets.
For those who make particular person customers really feel like they matter to your organization, they’re extra possible to decide on you over rivals.
Right here’s an instance of an enticing put up you may flip right into a voice tweet.
7. Act as Buyer Service
Coping with customer support queries? Over 70 percent of users anticipate firms to reply inside an hour. Right here’s the right way to use voice tweets to assist.
- Give your customer support the private contact by together with somebody’s identify within the reply.
- For those who’re solely on-line throughout sure hours, pin a voice tweet to the highest of your profile with a rundown of how rapidly you possibly can reply to messages and the place else prospects can flip to within the meantime.
8. Make clear Firm Insurance policies
Though you have got 140 seconds to play with, voice tweets needs to be quick, sharp, and memorable. In different phrases, they’re a superb instrument for rapidly clarifying firm insurance policies.
- Reinforce key insurance policies via voice tweets e.g., transport insurance policies, customer support hours.
- Embrace hyperlinks to extra detailed social media posts or pages in your web site.
9. Reply FAQs
If voice tweets work for firm insurance policies, they work for FAQs, too.
- Run a collection of voice tweets answering 10-15 FAQs within the one thread.
- Pin the thread to the highest of your Twitter web page so it’s straightforward for folks to search out.
Finish the dialog with one other CTA inviting folks to reply with questions you’ll reply in the identical thread.
10. Improve Buyer Loyalty
I’ll preserve this one quick and candy.
All these questions you reply? These replies you ship? They add up. In time, they construct belief in your model, and customer loyalty grows because of this.
Put merely, your voice can actually develop your enterprise over time.
11. Invite Buyer Suggestions
Why not invite prospects to share suggestions through voice tweet? You possibly can retweet or quote optimistic evaluations and share them along with your followers.
Voice tweets “humanize” product and repair evaluations in your audience, which can enhance conversion charges in the long term.
Do you employ buyer suggestions to enhance your merchandise or launch new traces? Inform them! You’ll possible increase engagement this fashion.
12. Share Tales
There’s energy in storytelling. Right here’s why you need to use voice tweets to construct your model, enhance engagement, and even develop your follower depend.
- Nice tales encourage sharing, liking, and retweeting, which boosts your followers and model publicity.
- Tales are a possibility to face up for what you imagine in and showcase issues to you as an organization. This may occasionally impress customers and encourage them to take a look at your web page.
13. Collaborate With Influencers
Influencers are, properly, influential. Customers sometimes reply properly to them. With that in thoughts, why not rent a social media influencer to “take over” your Twitter feed for the day? They could, for instance:
- Interact with followers
- Discuss giveaways
- Run contests
Ship them your product and ask for voice suggestions. Simply be sure to select an influencer with the identical “vibe” as your model!
14. Entertain Viewers
At the least 60 percent of social media users need entertaining content material, which is why it’s so essential to convey your tweets to life. Voice tweets can, in fact, show you how to do that.
- Select a speaker with a dynamic and interesting voice.
- Give attention to quick, stunning anecdotes. Keep in mind, there’s no want to make use of the 140-second restrict for every voice tweet.
Pop-Tarts hits the fitting notice right here. Might this put up work equally properly as a voice tweet? I believe so.
15. Humanize Your Model
What’s the No. 1 option to construct a rapport along with your followers? Humanize your model. Use your voice to indicate customers the actual folks behind your organization.
- Voice tweets add one other dimension to your model’s id.
- Speaking lets you showcase your ardour, experience, and creativity on-line.
- For those who reply questions or work together through voice tweet, you immediately make your followers really feel valued.
Voice tweets assist customers really feel like they’re partaking with greater than only a machine. This private contact could possibly be why folks select your model over one other comparable firm.
It’s completely nonetheless value utilizing Twitter for digital advertising and marketing, and voice tweets make it a complete lot simpler to outline your model and find your audience.
Earlier than you begin tweeting, select a robust, distinctive profile image and resolve your model voice. When you’ve bought this half down, use voice tweets to encourage engagement and humanize your enterprise throughout social media.
Need assistance optimizing your social media platforms? Try my consulting services to see how I will help.
Have you ever used voice tweets but? How are customers partaking with them?